We take data privacy seriously and are very conscious of and respect your privacy. Accordingly, we follow relevant best practices and applicable legal requirements. Your personal data is only used in accordance with our Data Policy set out below. By subscribing for or continuing to use any of our services, you thereby accept and agree it will apply.
1. Security - Data we collect is kept secure, under strict access controls. We require those persons handling such data, (including staff and third party contractors) to meet strict duties of confidentiality and require them strictly to comply with this Policy and the law. We treat data security seriously.
2. Reasons for needing your data – we need such data to effectively operate the subscriber base and I Love community and provide you subscriber/ member benefits and services including regular communications, updates and special offers. Failure to provide it to us will mean we cannot provide you such benefits and services.
3. Purposes for which your personal data may be used will vary, (depending on what new/unusual/ creative offers we devise to offer our subscribers/club members) and will include the following:
o to contact and regularly keep in touch with subscribers and notify events, promotions and other benefits. This includes regularly providing selected dining, clubbing, food and beverage, health and lifestyle-related news, reviews, products, activities, events, promotions and other information etc. which we find interesting
o to build, operate, update, maintain and improve/refine our subscriber databases
o to respond to any enquiry, order, booking or other request received from your email
o to meet our obligations to or under any legal or governmental body or requirement
o other related purposes, which are from time to time featured on our I Love Network websites
4. Opt out - Anyone no longer wishing to be included in our database, may (at no cost) request removal of their details (by email email@example.com Such requests are processed fast, as I Love Ltd strives to avoid sending unwanted communications.
5. We may transfer your personal data to:
o different divisions of the I Love Ltd
o our selected service providers (eg. for database management and e-mail circulation, operational, administrative and similar functions). All such providers are carefully preselected, made subject to strict confidentiality requirements and are required to uphold our Data Policy and the law
o any legal, regulatory or governmental body or pursuant to any of their requirements that are binding on us
o any prospective acquirer, successor, transferee of or participant in relation to all or part of our business
o a supplier (or other person) for fulfillment of a booking/order/etc made via your subscription/membership (eg. to fulfill your event booking or a your purchase from a recommended supplier)
o any other body or person who is under legally binding duties of confidentiality
Unless you have specifically consented, we won’t transfer your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes
6. We pledge to safeguard your personal data and ensure it is maintained confidentially and under high standards of security. In doing this we will require compliance by our staff, our contractors and other relevant persons with these standards.
7. Your duties For your part, please do remember you need to:
o promptly update us of changes in your contact details, to enable prompt updating of our record
o safeguard against unauthorized or other mis-use of your email, any relevant password(s); and
o act reasonably at and meet applicable conditions and requirements we set for activities, events, promotions and other subscriber/member activities.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any request for subscription or membership and, once granted, to curtail or terminate it (with or without prior notice), where considered necessary.
8. We retain your personal data as long as the purpose for its collection continues. Generally, we will remove your data after realising it is no longer correct (eg. receipts of “Unknown recipient” autogenerated email replies) or within 90 days after cessation of your subscriber or membership.
9. Policy review. We keep this (and our other policies) under review. Changes when made, will appear on our website and be notified by a email or other alert. It does not reduce or limit your rights under the applicable Hong Kong law.
10. Access and update rights - You have the right to request
o if we hold data about you, and (on payment of a reasonable fee) to receive a copy
o a data correction
o to be informed of the kind of data we hold and of our data policies and practice
o Such requests should be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you find our Data Policy to be clear and fair, but please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you have questions.